Samsung has filed a new patent for its 2020 model of its Odyssey mixed reality headset. Based on the patent, Let'sGoDigital has created some images of what it looks like.
The report states that Samsung Electronics filed the patent in China with China National Intellectual Property Administration or CNIPA. The filing was dated back to early 2019, and then the CNIPA approved the patent on January 17th, 2020.
The patent included eight images of the new design, which show some clear changes when compared to Samsung's older mixed reality headsets. Right off the bat, we can see that the new patent designs for the 2020 model come with a larger, more robust head strap, no rotary wheel, and adoption of a mesh-like material. The patent also included two separate colors, which can be seen in the images.
Last updated: Jan 27, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- Samsung Odyssey 2020 VR Headset leaked images back up bug-like design
- PlayStation 5's SSD may revolutionize save states with instant launch
- Sony patent turns shared videos into playable game demos
- Vita like PlayStation 5 controller patent isn't what you think
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- > NEXT STORY: Plague Inc game sales go fever pitch as coronavirus fear spreads
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Marvel fans start petition to replace Brie Larson with colored actress